One of the main benefits of listing your property as a short-term rental is that you can charge a daily rate that frequently provides a higher revenue per month than a traditional tenant. Below are some of the benefits of listing your property as a short-term rental.
- Higher Earning Potential: You can earn double or more than a traditional rental.
- Flexibility: You set your daily rate and control the available booking dates.
- Tax Breaks: You can deduct the cost of cleaning, maintenance, insurance, management fees, and utilities as business expenses.
- Minor Wear & Tear on Your Property: More frequent Guests allows for more frequent cleanings and time for maintenance between Guest bookings to upkeep your property.
- Social Connections: If you decide to live in the property and rent out rooms, you’ll meet people from around the world, which could turn into lifelong friendships.
Types of Short-Term Rental Properties
Bookings for Short Term Rentals can include more than just a regular house, but unique properties such as vehicles, boats, planes, and even caves. You can offer nearly any shelter as long as it fits within the acceptable guidelines of the website, you’re listing your property on. These alternative properties can create a unique experience for Guests looking for someone more than the standard housing offered by Hosts.
Examples of unique properties that you can list on the popular site Airbnb.com are:
So, the next time you’re on vacation, whether in a cave or an igloo, remember it could be your cash-flowing property that you visit when you so desire!